Holiness comes by grace through faith
in the finished work of Jesus on the cross.
Grace provides forgiveness and
cleansing from sin. Grace also provides power to walk in holiness
which is not based in fulfilling the letter of the law but through
love by the empowerment and inspiration of the Holy Spirit in
response to the love of God. When I love I am living from the
identity of who I really am. God says, “Be holy as I am holy.”
Walking in holiness is about resting in a state of being. Jesus has
already made me holy!
There is grace for the journey, for the
mistakes, for the growing. Only I must not give up on the process of
grace. I must not close my heart to that which God desires to give
me. I must not persist in unbelief lest I miss out on the full
inheritance of that which God desires for me to have—which is full
unhindered fellowship with God and His children.
The outcome of faith is the evidence of
that which is hoped for and has yet been experienced. Patience,
endurance, hope which comes by faith will carry me through until I
have taken hold of that for which Christ has taken hold of me.
I know that faith is not just a trick
of the mind, for I have already experienced God's interaction with
me in so many ways that should remove all doubt—though doubt
persists! Though I have not experienced His empowering sustaining
grace as of yet should in no way deter me from staking my life on it
now!
I should not allow defeat, past
repeated failures and associated shame, fear or despair to cause me
to believe that I have somehow missed the grace boat. For I am not
one who shrinks back from the mercy and grace of God! Though I have
failed to fully apprehend its effective power in my life, I have
never refused it.
I choose to accept the hardship and
trials I have experienced thus far as the training ground ordained by
a loving Father who intends for me to succeed and not fail no matter
how long or difficult the journey into full surrender and holiness
may be!
(Reflections from Hebrews 10-12)
No comments:
Post a Comment