I fall prey to the trap of analysis paralysis quite often.
I set out to accomplish a goal and before I even begin to achieve it I'm second-guessing myself and become totally overwhelmed by my weaknesses and shortcomings, my lack of skill and knowledge, and my odds of failure (rarely my odds of success!). Before I know it I'm paralyzed and in very real danger of causing my fears to become my reality simply for lack of trying.
As I was taking a walk today, I was thinking about the topic of my previous post--the fact that we're all living on borrowed time. It suddenly occurred to me that tomorrow is not even guaranteed so why am I so caught up in the results of my efforts?
Why not just do my best and leave the results of my efforts in God's hands?
Jesus said, "Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." [Matthew 6:34, NLT]

No comments:
Post a Comment